Although there are many general resources that can help residence life and education professionals adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following page curates resources specifically with that audience in mind. Topics include:
- Residential Curriculum and Curricular Approaches
- Digital Community
- Strategies and Digital Programs/Events
- Self Care and Working Remote
- Student Affairs Association Resource Pages
- Webinars to Watch
Roompact User Resources
Roompact users can access additional resources curated specifically for their needs that include suggestions and guides on how Roompact’s software can help in your response to COVID-19.
- ACE GUIDE: Campus Emergencies
- ACE CASE: Building and Maintaining Digital Community Connections
- ACE CASE: Contact Tracing
- DISCUSS ARTICLE: Specific use cases of Roompact’s Software for COVID-19
- DISCUSS ARTICLE: Updating and Communicating with COVID-19 Displaced Residents
“Remote Engagement for Residential Curriculum”
Residential Curriculum and Curricular Approaches
Specific resources related to curriculum and COVID-19. Check out www.curricularapproach.com for more generalized resources.
- A Curricular Approach is More Important Than Ever (during the COVID-19 pandemic) by Frank Tierney
- WEBINAR: “How RAs and Student Staff Can Build Community Digitally During COVID-19”
- WEBINAR: “Remote Enagement for Residential Curriculum”
“How RAs and Student Staff Can Build Community Digitally During COVID-19”
Resources on developing community connections when students are physically distant or when social distancing measures are in place.
- Community Is the Secret to Successfully Enrolling Students in the Fall
- Reimagining Your Campus Communities in Digital Spaces
- Digital Transformation for Student Engagement and Community Building
- WEBINAR: “Virtual Roundtable Building Community From Afar”
- FACEBOOK GROUP: Digital Student Engagement & Community Building
“Virtual Roundtable Building Community From Afar”
Strategies and Digital Programs/Events
Resources on how to engage students and conduct programs and events digitally, including program ideas and successful initiatives.
- CROWDSOURCE: Remote Programing Ideas (started by Cal Poly Pomona Res Life)
- CROWDSOURCE: COVID-19 Programming and Engagement
- FACEBOOK GROUP: The Virtual Event Ideas Community
- 53 Virtual Activity Ideas to Keep College Students Engaged During COVID-19
Resources on assessment efforts you may wish to undertake to better understand the impact to COVID-19 and related mitigating efforts on your students as well as how to assess new forms of digital engagement.
- Free Survey Instrument to Assess COVID-19 Impact on Students
- Student Affairs Assessment: Priorities and Focus During COVID-19
- How Student Affairs Professionals Can Assess Engagement in Virtual Programming
Self Care and Working Remote
Resources on how to care for yourself while working from home and through COVID-19 related stressors.
- Your Guide to Working From Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Living at Work: Optimizing your work from home space and routine
- 18 Ways to Boost Your Mental Health and Productivity as a Remote #SApro
Webinars to Watch
Webinars on topics related to COVID-19.
- “How RAs and Student Staff Can Build Community Digitally During COVID-19”
- “Remote Enagement for Residential Curriculum”
- “Virtual Roundtable Building Community From Afar”
A few other links of relevance that didn’t seem to fit anywhere else.
- Calling Upon Your Inner Creative During COVID-19: Part 1
- Calling Upon Your Inner Creative During COVID-19: Part 2
- Primer on Contact Tracing in Residence Hall Communities
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Administrators of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education (see page 5)
Student Affairs Association Resource Pages
Official resource pages on COVID-19 from relevant professional associations.
- ACUHO-I – Association of College and University Housing Officers – International
- ACHA – American College Health Association
- ACHA Guidelines on Reopening Campus Housing (see page 9)
- ACPA – College Student Educators International
- NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- ACUI – Association of College Unions International
- NACADA – The Global Community for Academic Advising
- NACUBO – National Association of College and University Business Officers