In episode 2 of Roompact’s series on residence life and education during the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Paul Brown discusses the concept of essentialism and how it can be useful as you pivot your practice to these new realities. The concept of essentialism comes from a work by author Greg McKeown, Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. At its core, essentialism argues that by focusing on what is most essential, what you have the potential to impact the most, and letting go of other work and goals, you can do more by doing less. As the coronavirus reshapes or work and priorities, this lesson is even more salient than ever before. Take a look…
See old (and new) episodes in the series:
- ResLife & Corona Episode 1: How Residential Curriculum Can Help
- ResLife & Corona Episode 2: Practicing Essentialism. What matters most?
- ResLife & Corona Episode 3: Leveraging Technology for Success
- ResLife & Corona Episode 4: How Text Messaging Can Help You Reach Your Students
- ResLife & Corona Episode 5: Are you doing Intentional Conversations? You probably should be.
- ResLife & Corona Episode 6: Are your students career ready?
- ResLife & Corona Episode 7: Real-Time Assessment Informing Real-Time Adjustments to Your Practice