In episode 5 of Roompact’s series on residence life and education during the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Paul Brown discusses how intentional conversations as a strategy in your engagement with students can be especially useful during this time. Intentional Conversations are one-on-one meetings between student staff and residents that are guided by a suggested set of questions and prompts that are developmentally appropriate and situated within the context of a resident’s experience.
If you want to learn more about intentional conversations in general, check out Roompact’s blog series on the topic. Schools who use Roompact’s software have even more options for tracking and assessing these conversations.
See old (and new) episodes in the series:
- ResLife & Corona Episode 1: How Residential Curriculum Can Help
- ResLife & Corona Episode 2: Practicing Essentialism. What matters most?
- ResLife & Corona Episode 3: Leveraging Technology for Success
- ResLife & Corona Episode 4: How Text Messaging Can Help You Reach Your Students
- ResLife & Corona Episode 5: Are you doing Intentional Conversations? You probably should be.
- ResLife & Corona Episode 6: Are your students career ready?
- ResLife & Corona Episode 7: Real-Time Assessment Informing Real-Time Adjustments to Your Practice