This position is now closed.
Find other opportunities on our career page.
Roompact is a dynamic place to work and we’re growing! Specifically, we’re looking to hire a new software engineer to join our team. Below you will find a more formal position description, but more informally, we’re looking for dynamic individuals who are relationship builders and self-starters. If you have higher education experience, that’s a big bonus, but anyone who shares the love of lifelong learning and making a positive impact on others is a good fit for this job.
The position is remote (as all of Roompact is) and you would be supervised by Pat Cunningham. If you’d like to know more, feel free to reach out to us an inquire. More formal application instructions are below.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Roompact is looking for an experienced, full stack software engineer to join our small, fully remote team. As a software engineer at Roompact, you will help deliver features that empower university administrators to help students learn and grow while living in student housing.
Over the past 7 years, Roompact has built a robust and loved system that empowers student learning at campuses across the U.S. We have seen client growth year over year and are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for building and owning new product features from idea to implementation following an agile process
- Support existing product features by investigating and resolving issues raised by our support team
- Collaborate with all departments within the company to set product roadmaps and timelines
You are the type of person that is:
- Able to take a project from idea through execution
- Excited to jump in and solve problems
- Comfortable with front-end and back-end
- Willing to take on any task
- Not afraid to admit when you don’t know something
- Interested in learning new things
- Passionate about social justice and sustainability
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps, Agile
This position is now closed. Find other opportunities on our career page.
Roompact is a small, family owned business that develops software and services for residence life and education departments. Our focus is on improving student engagement and learning, assessment, and helping staff be more efficient in their work. Roompact strives to be an ethical and socially-conscious company and is currently exploring being certified as a B-Corp, which is a social-benefit corporation that meets high standards of social responsibility. Learn more about our company, staff, and culture.
Come As You Are and Thrive
Roompact believes that being inclusive, working collaboratively, and recognizing the inherent value of every team member is essential. Diversity makes us stronger and better at the work we do. Roompact is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Roompact also strives to go beyond what the law requires, and create a socially just and socially responsible work environment for the benefit of all.
- A flexible work environment
- Rewarding, challenging work
- A supportive, collaborative team
- Flexible PTO with minimum of 3 weeks off
- Work-life balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision with 99% of the base rates covered
- 401k Matching