Roompact is holding its annual residence hall poster contest! This contest is open to student staff (RAs, CAs, etc.) at schools who currently use Roompact’s software on their campus. Send us the best poster you’ve created this year (for an informational/educational campaign, a program, a hall meeting, or any other activity your organized for your residence hall or floor) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org from your institutional email address (*.edu) with your name and institution.
By submitting your poster, you agree that we can post it to our social media channels and display it on our website.
The posters must be sent by December 15th at 11:59pm local time (to your school) to be considered.
Each Top 10 Winner will receive a $50 Etsy gift card.
The team at Roompact will judge all submissions and choose ten winners. We will publish a post announcing the winners and highlighting all of your amazing entries. We’re looking for eye catching design, innovative ideas, and the overall creativity of the event/topic itself.
Roompact attempts to support socially responsible, local, and minority owned businesses to the greatest extent possible. To further this aim, winners in will receive gift cards to Etsy–a site that allows you to order items from independent artisans, crafters and small businesses.
Access our resource page for more ideas and examples of staff-created door decs and bulletin boards.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I submit more than one poster?
- Unfortunately, no. Only one submission per RA, so send us your best!
- What “kind” of poster?
- It can be for anything you’ve organized for your floor or residence hall. This is not for campus-wide activities, but specially for residence hall events. It can also include informational/educational campaigns, not necessarily an event.
- What is a “poster”?
- Generally speaking, we’re talking about a design on a single piece of paper or a “slide” if it’s on electronic signage. We recognize you can get creative, so it might fall somewhat outside this definition. We’ll make determinations on a case-by-case basis. (Note that we run a bulletin board competition every year… and a poster is different from a bulletin board design.)
- Can the poster be collaborative?
- Sure, but if you win you’ll have to split the gift card amongst yourselves.
- When will the results be announced?
- The results will be announced in January once judging is complete.
- How will I be notified if I win?
- You’ll receive an email. We’ll try a few times and if we don’t hear back from you, we’ll have to move on to another winner.
- Does my institution have to be a Roompact client in order for me to participate?
- Yes, unfortunately this is only open to current Roompact schools.