At Roompact, we like to give back to the profession and the professionals working in it by highlighting voices and experiences from across the field. This summer we’re opening up the opportunity for current 2023 ACUHO-I Summer Housing Interns to share their experiences in the program. It is our hope that these reflections will help other interns in the future!
We’ve curated a number of links, videos, and additional information to help ACUHO-I interns, and we’d like to add your voice to our growing resources!
Put your thoughts to paper and receive a little thank you. All persons submitting will receive a $50 gift card and a personalized caricature of themselves done by our artist as a thank you.
What should you write about?
- Share what you learned in your internship–personally or professionally.
- Select one aspect of the internship selection process and provide tips for navigating it (ex. preparing your application, or getting ready for interviews, or navigating offers, etc.).
- Share your experiences and tips about moving to the internship site, getting used to a new office culture, a new supervisor, etc.
- What goals did your internship experience help you to achieve?
- You are by no means limited to this list! The idea is to share your thoughts, experiences, and reflections so current and future interns can learn from you. What do you think they need to know? What might prompt them to reflect? Be more prepared? It’s up to you.
This opportunity is only open to 2023 ACUHO-I Housing Internship Program summer interns. Write a post that is at least one page, single-spaced, in 10-12 point font with standard 1 inch margins. Email it to us as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org from your institutional email address (*.edu) with your name (as you want it attributed in your post), internship-hosting institution, and a high-quality forward-facing headshot of you to be turned into a caricature (make sure it includes your full shoulders down to about upper-mid-chest).
By submitting your post and photo, you agree that we can publish it on our blog and post it to our social media channels. Roompact reserves the right to deny any entries or ask for edits at its own discretion.
The blog post must be received by August 31st, 2023. If you have questions, just reach out to that same email address!
Thank You “Gifts”
Everyone who submits a blog post will have their headshot turned into a caricature. This caricature is our “thank you” for your submission and you can use it however you wish–websites, social media profiles, presentations, etc. We will also use this caricature in the posted article.
Articles selected for publication will be given $50 gift cards as a thank you. After submission, we’ll work with you to get your article publication ready. Roompact reserves the right for some editorial control, so publication isn’t guaranteed, but we’ll work with you to make any changes to get it there. We want your good ideas and content.
Roompact attempts to support socially responsible, local, and minority owned businesses to the greatest extent possible. To further this aim, winners in the drawing will receive gift cards to Etsy–a site that allows you to order items from independent artisans, crafters and small businesses.