Roompact Training on Events
There are a three different ways that Roompact schools choose to handle event and program proposals from staff. Some will use the Events feature, while others will rely on Forms. Which method you choose will depend on your campus needs.
- Using Events – One of the big advantages of Events is that it has an automatic approval queue. When an events is proposed, it will automatically trigger a flow through a number of different statuses from Pending Approval to Approved/Denied to Pending Assessment and Finally Completion. This will prompt staff members to take the next action to move the event through the work flow.
- Using Forms – Some schools choose to use Forms for an event or program proposal instead. Utilizing Forms means that a campus will need to forgo the automatic approval and completion workflow found in Events, but in return, Forms allows for question customization. The questions in the Events proposal are hard coded into the system and cannot be changed. Forms allows for infinite customization.
- Using Both – Some schools choose a hybrid approach. They will utilize Events for the proposal, and supplement this process with forms for financial requests, marketing images/flyer submissions, or for more detailed assessment follow up.
Which method your campus uses is up to you and your Roompact Advisor can help you decide. If you are using Events, the following will walk you through the basics of the feature.
Understanding the Event Approval and Completion Flow
Events go through multiple stages on their way to completion:
- Pending Approval – An event proposal has been completed and is waiting for approval from a supervisor.
- Approved – An event has been approved by a supervisor, but has not yet occurred.
- Denied – An event was denied by a supervisor. It may still be revised and resubmitted.
- Pending Assessment – The date of an approved event has passed, and post-event assessment data needs to be entered.
- Completed – An event is fully complete, from proposal to assessment data.
- Draft – An unsubmitted event proposal that is saved for later completion.
- Canceled – An event did not occur or was otherwise canceled.
Setting Up Event Categories
When setting up Events for the first time, you’ll want to define “Categories” that submitting staff members can assign to their events. These custom categories will display for submitting staff members to choose from hone they propose their events. Common category tags used by schools may relate to a topic area, a geographic area, or the type of the event.
Proposing an Event
To propose an event, a staff member clicks on the Propose button to be taken to the event proposal questions. The questions in the proposal are pre-set by Roompact but were designed to include all the major types of information you may want included.
Approving, Denying, or Revising an Event
After a staff member has submitted their event, it will show as Pending Approval. Hall Director or Administrator Staff can click on. the event to Approve it, Deny it, Revise it, or Delete it.
Adding Assessment Information
After the date of the event has passed, it will show as Pending Assessment, which prompts the submitting staff member(s) to add follow up details.
At the bottom of the event proposal, the staff member will now be able to answer some assessment questions:
- Number of Attendees
- Suggestions for the Future
- Learning Outcome Evaluation – One text box for each outcome entered.
Retrieving Event Data
To retrieve your event data, you can use the grey filter buttons to sort your lists and add or remove columns of information from the table of events. The download button allows you to export the current view in a spreadsheet format. If you also want included assessment information, send a quick email to Roompact support we will provide this to you.
Learn More in our Support Portal
Our support portal provides more detailed information and instructions on getting started in Roompact’s software. Learn more about topics such as…
- Understanding the Different Statuses for Events
- Create Event Categories
- Propose an Event
- Approve, Deny, or Revise an Event Proposal
- Adding and Retrieving Assessment Information for an Event
- Searching, Sorting, and Downloading Event Listings